Say goodbye to high energy costs. Say hello to the ways you can easily pull down those bills!
True enough, household energy usage has become harder to manage given the increase electricity network infrastructure costs. This is especially harder for those using electric systems. Nevertheless, if using other forms of heating water like your gas hot water heater, there are many factors that affect the amount of energy you use. These are:
- The local climate in your area
- The design of your home
- The size of your house
- The kind of appliances you use
- And the habits of people using energy in your house
Considering all these factors, you cannot escape all those that add to your energy bill. However, there is a big chance to lower down costs by following these four wise ways to lessen the energy cost of your hot water system.
- Like what you are doing now, it is safe to know first the reasons your bill is high, the appliances that are using up most of the energy and the necessary steps to lessen them. Assess these things before making any decisions yet.
Use lesser energy than you usually do
- Do not use hot water when not necessary. One example is when washing your clothes.
- When showering, do not put the handle to full level. Instead, go for a low-flow shower.
- Check your taps if there are leaks or if they are not properly turned off. These can cause a huge drain on your water usage.
- Close the heating power every time you go out of the house.
- During winter, only heat the rooms you are using and close rooms that are not in use in order to consume enough heat in one area.
Choose off-peak times when using energy
- Use the hot water heater during off-peak times of the day. These are usually during late hours and early hours. Specifically, they are cheapest from 10pm to 7am.
- Try to avoid using the heater between 2pm and 8pm as these hours cost quite expensive.
Use energy-saving appliances
- Using every last one of the energy-efficient tips will lead you to buying energy-efficient appliances offered in the market.
- When choosing low-cost energy appliances, Instant Gas Hot Water Systems are economical in handling your energy usage.
- You may also turn towards no-interest loans from finance-friendly schemes.
- Another option is asking assistance from the Commonwealth Government about renewable energy schemes. They help you buy energy-saving equipment that are light on your pocket.
If you thought these smart ways of reducing hot water usage and cost are hard to attain, they are actually simple and easy. So, are you ready to be a wise homeowner?
Jasmine Keynes wrote this article.
(Visited 129 times, 1 visits today)