Share

Advantages of LED bulbs Over Incandescent Lamps

Many nations around the world have introduced different measures to improve the energy efficiency of light bulbs. In the United States, they effectively ban current incandescent light bulbs for general lighting. It demands the use and technological development of more energy-efficient lighting alternatives, such as compact fluorescent lamp (CFLs) and LED lamps.

It is high time for us to switch out any old energy-guzzling incandescent light bulbs for more energy-efficient options. If you love sophisticated designs, then go for LED lamps. This light-emitting diode (LED) has developed considerably in the last few years in terms of efficiency and durability.

The main advantage of LED over natural incandescent lamps is its reduced power consumption. In LED’s, 80% electrical energy is converted in to light energy and the remaining 20% is lost as heat. In incandescent lamps, 80% electrical energy is lost as heat.

A 100 Watt incandescent bulb is used for 1 year, with an electrical cost of 10 cents/kilowatt hour, $88 will be spent on electricity costs. Of the $88 expense, $70 will have been used to heat the room, not light the room. If you are using a LED, the electricity cost would be $23 per year, a cost savings of $65 on electricity during the year.

Thus, LED’s can cut down your electricity bills and also provide good light quality.

LED bulbs can last up to 22 years; therefore, you don’t have to worry about changing bulbs constantly. You can save the additional money to buy new bulbs.

All these features make them the best choice for consumers and we advice you the same.

(Visited 89 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Comment